To make a website that works, make sure it’s a robot. I don’t mean one of those Robby the Robot type things, though that would be pretty cool. I mean a machine that does cool stuff for your users that they can’t get anywhere else. And to make that even more challenging, that cool stuff needs to be defined in a super-simple, super-clear way. Consider (and try and link the game-changing website/app to the robot…)
* Get every book in the world.
* Get every song in the world.
* Book every flight in the world — for whatever price you want, cheapest to most expensive.
* Get every cool art movie in the world.
* Get the exact recipe you want.
* Get tons of cool information on anything you want instantly from anywhere.
And so on. The promise is big. It’s simple. It does a ton of heavy lifting for you you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do, unless you happen to be the President and he probably couldn’t have gotten all that stuff either.
So, make sure your site or app is a robot. And it doesn’t even have to make funny sounds like “bleep blip Zweep…”